Our client is a dynamic FTSE 250 business with over 5000 employees which has achieved rapid organic growth and recently reported an increase in pre tax profits to over £50m. Having identified significant opportunities and developed a clear strategy for growth they are now well positioned to build increased profits in existing markets, and expanding more rapidly into new, larger overseas territories.
As Head Of Tax you will be responsible for heading up an in-house group function as well as co-coordinating the work of subsidiary tax and accounting professionals around the world.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
• Managing the tax charge for the group
• Advising on tax efficient ways of structuring entry into new overseas jurisdictions
• Formulation of transfer pricing methodologies both with respect to transactions with overseas entities and with the UK group including APA applications
• Advising on the complex CFC tax issues surrounding the group’s overseas subsidiaries and Guernsey resident subsidiaries
• Advising on the tax consequences of various treasury transactions/hedging strategies undertaken by the group
• Dividend planning and repatriation of overseas reserves
The successful candidate will be a qualified tax professional with significant advisory experience in an international environment and posses the interpersonal characteristics necessary to operate at an Executive Level in the business. This experience may have be gained in industry or alternatively within the profession.