Our client is a well known household retailer with a £multi-billion turnover and operations thoughtout the whole of the UK. It is one of Britain’s fastest-growing and most innovative retailers, recognised as one of the best companies to work for in the UK.
Reporting directly to the Audit Committee and General Counsel this individual will drive the evolution of the function and build a fit for purpose team in this new era for internal audit.
Detailed responsibilities include:
• Reporting to the Board and Audit Committee on the effectiveness of the Groups risk and internal control systems, monitoring the overall level of risk to the business and supporting the Board in risk appetite debates
• Providing regular updates to the Chair of the Audit Committee and Executive Board. Attendance at the Audit Committee to provide update on Internal Audit and Risk activities
• Providing the Groups management with independent and objective assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls in mitigating inherent risks of audited processes, significant projects and initiatives
• Providing value-adding consulting and advisory services to the Groups management to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Groups operations and to safeguard the assets and integrity of the Group
• Having full accountability for a team of auditors delivering a programme of audits (strategic, operational, change, financial or compliance) from planning to reporting, including execution of data analytics;
• Overseeing the group-wide risk management strategy and supporting management in embedding risk management activities to ensure the delivery of shareholder value
• Working with key stakeholders to ensure risk identification and assessment activities are performed across the group, reviewed and challenged where necessary and appropriate escalation procedures are in place at the highest level
A qualified accountant or equivalent qualification with significant internal or external audit experience, including Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) experience gained within a best practice environment. You will have proven functional leadership / management experience and excellent analytic and problem-solving skills. You must have an understanding of governance and compliance requirements and ideally you will have proven innovation and change management experience.