Our client is a leading Real Estate developer that has continued grow and expand its portfolio over the last few years. With the recent purchase of several new development sites, the business is looking to recruit an analytically-minded qualified accountant to work directly with the Development Directors to provide management information for a number of key projects. With exposure to senior operational stakeholders and the CFO from the outset, this will be a varied role involving the delivery of key management information surrounding cash flow, project performance, sales analysis, and financing activities, whilst ultimately ensuring projects are delivered to budget.
The successful candidate will be exposed to a range of commercial issues whith the following key responsibilities
• Ownership of the Business Plans for each project, updating and analysing results on a monthly basis
• Responsibility for producing budgets and cash flow forecast models, whilst providing commentary to key stakeholders including the Development Directors and the Board
• Variance analysis for forecast project spend versus budget
• Act as the key business partner to the Development Director, bridging the gap between operations and finance to ensure actuals are in line with business plans and that the projects are being delivered efficiently and profitably
• Providing key management information to any external investment partners that may be involved
• Involvement in financing activities; reviewing and assessing potential financing strategies including the use of corporate and institutional investors as well as debt
• Providing sales analysis following development stages to ensure returns are in line with expectations
• Working closely with the Board and Development Directors in assessing future acquisition strategy, and providing supporting investment appraisals
• Work on an array of other ad hoc projects to support the business as and when required by senior management
This is a great opportunity for a recently qualified accountant seeking their first step from a leading professional services firm into a commercially focused role. You will be highly analytical, have excellent communication skills, and have a genuine interest in, or some experience of, the Real Estate/Construction sectors. Strong Excel skills would also be advantageous.