Our client is a well-established and well-funded natural resources business with international operations. UK Headquartered and with a varied portfolio of operational and exploratory assets, this is an ambitious organisation with a clear short to medium-term expansion strategy as well as an active interest in future diversification into renewable sources. This will be a varied and hands-on role where the successful candidate will take full ownership of the Group’s finance activities whilst also playing a significant role in strategic projects.
The Board are seeking a new CFO to own all finance operations and act as a key member of the executive leadership team.
• Ownership of all internal and external accounting and reporting; including statutory accounts, management accounts, budgeting & forecasting, and transactional operations
• Production of the half-year and year-end ‘glossy’ accounts, providing financial analysis and front-end commentary, whilst managing the external audit relationship and process
• Provide technical accounting insight and training across the Group, staying up to date with the development of all accounting treatments and reporting standards, and ensuring best practice
• Oversight of all financial planning activities whilst looking to develop enhanced MI reporting, providing the Board and operational management with greater insight into performance and key risk areas
• Leadership of a small finance team, providing on-going training and career development whilst spotting opportunities to develop the overall performance and outputs of the function
• Responsibility for all taxation issues whilst managing relationship with the external advisors
• Stay current on regulatory developments to ensure that the business complies with corporate governance requirements and its obligations as a listed company
• Continuous development of systems and processes whilst ensuring best practice and a strong financial controls environment
• Support the CEO with Investor Relations activities, providing financial information and analysis to support market announcements, presenting at AGMs and roadshows, and dealing with queries from analysts and investors
• Support future business development activities, counselling the CEO and other senior management with respect to the financial implications of the company’s major decisions and contractual agreements
• Play a key role in strategic projects such as fund-raising activities, investment appraisals, and corporate structuring, whilst continuously looking at ways to enhance operational and financial efficiency
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with significant PQE and a good understanding of the requirements of a listed business. Sector experience is not a necessity, but you will be familiar with the challenges of a capital-intensive environment. You will be a hands-on self-starter, able to see the bigger picture whilst also having a good eye for detail. Furthermore, you will have excellent leadership skills and emotional intelligence, with a proven track record of communicating and influencing at all levels.